Light and Motion is currently looking for a new design intern to join their creative…
DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGN INTERNSHIP – Disperse.io – London
Disperse.io are looking for a passionate and proactive graduate to join their team as a full-time digital product design intern for 4-6 months. If you are passionate about creating and testing innovative design solutions across product and business development, eager to learn and aren’t afraid of diving straight into design challenges, this role is a great opportunity for you to grow and build your design skills in an exciting entrepreneurial environment.
This is a hands-on opportunity to work with the product team and build a solution that will transcend an entire industry. You will work on a wide range of briefs and projects, from UI & UX design to data visualisation, branding, video, and animation, so a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude is a must.
As part of the role, you will receive exposure to many areas of the business from product, branding, marketing to business development as well as learn how to build and grow a design team. You’ll be working alongside the founding team with lots of responsibility and ownership from day one, and get unique first-hand experience around what it takes to embed human-centered design into artificial intelligence-based solutions. Throughout your internship, you have the opportunity to receive regular mentoring and coaching from different members of the team to make your experience at Disperse the best it can be.
This is an opportunity to join in at the start of something new, and if you prove to be a great fit over the course of the internship, we’ll happily convert you to an equitable full-time position.
Desired start-date: as soon as possible
You are welcome to apply for this internship if you meet the following requirements:
- You are ambitious and passionate about creating something meaningful;
- Demonstrated passion and interest for digital UI and UX product design
- You are available for an immediate start and excited towards converting to a full-time position at the end of your internship;
- You own a portfolio that can take us on a design expedition of at least one project and give us an insight on your decision making skills;
- Understanding of design process and thinking with demonstrative examples;
- Good to great knowledge of Indesign/Sketch/Figma/Adobe Creative Suite;
- Interest in disruptive technologies;
- Flexible attitude and willingness to learn different methods of design;
- Preferably one or two years of life/work experience;
- UK work permit available.
Advantageous But Not Essential
- Fluent in another language;
- Previous experience in a start-up environment;
- Pro rata salary of £18,000 per annum (circa £1,500 per month);
- Open and transparent culture;
- Opportunity to join a talented seed-stage startup with proven traction early in its journey;
- Possibility to convert into a full-time position with share options and full-time salary tier;
- Regular mentoring and feedback;
The Interview Process Will Involve
- A review of your application and portfolio;
- A two-way 15-minute chat where we both can find out more about each other;
- Homework assignment for us to get a sense of how you tackle problems;
- On-site two-way technical and cultural chat with the team.
This process should take around two weeks, depending on diaries.