- New York
- Permanent / Full-Time
Shape & lead a department at a full-service creative agency
About the company
As a Product Design Director for this minority-owned Digital Product Agency, you'll lead a team of 4 designers and drive innovation across fintech, e-commerce, travel and hospitality, and healthcare industries.
About the role
Come in and shape the Product Design department, implementing your vision for Design and steering business direction at a full-service creative agency equipped with in-house strategy and engineering teams.
You will bring 8+ years of design experience to the office (at one of BuiltIN's NYC's best places to work '21) in a hybrid environment and report to the C-Suite.
What you'll do:
- Shape the org: - Lead the way for the future of the Product Design department by crafting strategic plans for world-class design execution, growth & hiring, and how design functions within the group
- Manage the team: - At 4 full-time Product Designers currently, with ambitious growth plans
- Be an Advocate and Ambassador: - Thought Leadership, seminars and presentations, implementing new frameworks for Product Design best practices
- One Team: Facilitate cross-functional, seamless teamwork between departments among 80+ team-members
- Collaborate and Expand: - Partnering with Sales teams to win new opportunities that require Product Design proficiency. Craft how Design is communicated to clients and potential clients
About your background and skills
You will Have:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in UX/UI/Visual Design practice
- Demonstrated sophisticated understanding of industry-leading practices pertaining to Product Design
- experience providing 0-to-1 product leadership
- Ideally: Consulting/Agency leadership experience