- Permanent / Full-Time
The Future of Social Commerce needs Great Design
About the company
This is a Unique one, very Unique - Social Commerce meets Web3! You will Own Design for this org, but it's early days and the sleeves need to be rolled up! If you love the craft of Design and love to scale, read on;
With substantial funding in the bank after a raise from notable VC's, this cutting edge company is poised to drive into a whole new sphere of Web3 commerce. But to get there they have to lay the foundations with the founding team. You'd be joining a seasoned, entrepreneurial counterparts in Product, Engineering, Brand and a CEO who has proven experience in bringing epic visions to life.
Like many early stage companies, Design at this point has predominantly come from freelance contributions but it's time for an Expert Product Designer to join the Head of Product and Head of Engineering in truly driving where Design will impact this company and it's platform.
About the role
So what are they looking for?
- Their New Head of Design to permanently join the group in continue to establish the product whilst they also cover ground with building out the Design Process and Discipline within the org.
- A Design Leader who is incredibly hands on and close to the work. As Seasoned Product Designer you drive strategy and push pixels. As craftsperson you have a love of Design and enjoy being in it!
- Is ok with ambiguity and knows what it takes to work in early stage environments as you scale up.
- eComm, eComm, eComm! You've worked on some sort of product or platform in the last 2 - 5 years that has an eComm slant. Conversion optimisation, Path to Purchase, marketplaces or anything adjacent but this buying flow is critical in this role!
- An incredible bar for Design, you're in figma daily
- An entrepreneurial spirit; you want to bite off a big chunk and dive into new tech, new platforms and new challenges!
About your background and skills
How can you get in the room for a chat?
- Show the evidence of your work. Your personal website, a pdf - whatever you might have that will help their team see the Design problems you've solved and worked on and how you can bring that expertise to them!
- Obvious eComm experience
- By definitely being hands-on
- Having 0 to 1 experience and ok with a scale up.
- 0 to 1 Product Design work, you are establishing the in-house design discipline for this early stage company (Seed/Series A)
- You'll inherit the existing platform but there's plenty of hands-on work to be done
- You will be leading design for the company, contributing to strategy and pixels
- You'll be hands on and love the craft
- You'll be driving their eCommerce efforts with some huge future plays in Web3 Commerce
- You can handle being an IC until you start building your team out, you'll grow with them!