A perfect hybrid between creative and technical thinking, the role of a Front End Developer is primarily focused on eye-catching design and seamless functionality. This person has a knack for thinking about the user experience and designs from that perspective.
A Front End Developer is a skilled creative thinker who loves technical details and has mastered site design. They should be prepared to take the lead on content categorization, and site navigation, plus have a strong understanding of web traffic funnels.
This role requires someone who is a strong team player and an effective communicator. The Front End Developer spends a lot of time collaborating with Graphic Designers, Copywriters, Marketing and Branding Specialists, and more to come up with the ideal images, banners, icons, and other visuals that efficiently share the company’s brand image.
Ultimately, client-side programming is everything that users see and interact with, so it is crucial to find a Front End Developer who is passionate about creating and maintaining websites.
What Skills Does a Front End Developer Need?
A passion for design, creative thinking, organization, and branding is essential for a successful Front End Developer. The work required is a constant cycle of website organization, categorization, design, and management.
They are responsible for conceptualizing new user-facing features, creating the structure and design of web pages, writing reusable code, optimizing loading times of web pages, and putting markup languages to use for the creation of web pages.
Their goal is to create the look and feel of a website, so an ability to quickly identify needs, create solutions to problems, and dream up new designs are a must. They must be excited about the creativity necessary to design and the detailed work needed to build.
Key skills for this position include:
- Proven experience with markup languages
- An understanding of the entire web development process from design to development to deployment
- Passion and knowledge of layout aesthetics
- Strong ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication with the ability to work well with other creatives across multiple teams
- Ability to ensure high-quality graphic standards and a strong understanding of brand consistency
What Software Proficiency Is Necessary?
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Wireframing tools
- Enterprise Content Management Systems
- Visual Studio
With these proficiencies in mind, a Front End Developer must have a specific career background. Their experience should include:
- Experience in a software engineering role
- A strong process for writing and designing quality code
- Experience building web applications that encourage user engagement
- Ability to collaborate and interact across multiple teams
- Strong experience designing, building, and deploying web pages
Ready to Hire a Front End Developer?
Bamboo Crowd specializes in finding unique, competitive talent with a passion for innovation. We have a pool of talented Front End Developers ready to find their next long-term role, and we’d be happy to pair you with the right fit for your company. Click here to begin your hiring process today.
Are you a Front End Developer ready to take your next career step? Our team of specialists is ready to partner with you! Get started here.